Wednesday 12 December 2012

Dead Rats... or... Kittens?

Probably rats...

     It all happened one night when I'm having dinner with my family at home. My cousin, Joseph, said that there's something on the kitchen floor. He sounded horrified. At that moment, I'm debating in my mind whether to go and check it out or not. What if it's something really disgusting? Well, I was pretty sure it's not...

     I walked to the back, bringing my rice bowl with me and eating, and saw the "thing" Joseph was mentioning. I felt my legs go weak and regretted that I've brought along my food with me. The "thing" I saw totally made me lost my appetite. Within seconds, some of my cousins joined me at the back.

     On the floor, I saw blood and flesh. I hesitantly moved forward to have a better look. It looked like kittens, albeit unborn ones but then it also looked like dead rats. Some bones are protruding out. At first I thought that the street cat that always visit my house had a miscarriage but my grandmother said that it's rats. There were around 4 carcasses. Probably rats from the drain behind.

     The "things" were laying on the floor and there was a cat outside the kitchen door. It kept meowing. And then a thought struck me. We have always given food to this cat so what if... these "things" were its present to us? The thought made me shuddered.

     Later, my grandfather used some tissues to pick up the "things" and I saw that the head was already dislocated from the body. Oh god... He threw all of them into the drain behind our house. I salute you Grandfather! I wouldn't have dared to even touch them.

     Ever since this happened, I've been a little afraid of the cat. (I'm sorry, Cat!!) I didn't take any pictures because I can't bear having those pictures in my phone...

I hope that these things won't happen again... OTZ



     

No comments:

Post a Comment